CSS Newsletters 2018 - Volume 60
Use the buttons to view or download the PDF version.
Nos. 1-3, January-March 2018
- Nenthead Lead Mines - With trips and information about Carr's Mine, Rampgill Mine and Capelcleugh Mine in Nenthead, Cumbria.
- Jill's Slither Dig - Reservoir Hole - An update on digging progress at Jill's Slither Dig in Reservoir Hole, Mendip.
- Sandstone Passage Dig - Agen Allwedd - Progress report on a dig at the end of Sandstone Passage in Agen Allwedd.
- A Trip to the End of Daren (more or less) - A weekend at the Hard Rock Café camp in Daren Cilau with a trip to the end of Friday the 13th.
- Adventures in Prokofiev - Nyth Bran - A sporting an varied trip to the Prokofiev Series and the Nyth Bran traverses in OFD.
- More on the Origins of the Old Daren Sunday School and Hillside Community - History of the Old Daren Sunday School and the local hillside community.
- More on the Sunday School - Additional history of the Old Daren Sunday School following on from Joe's previous article in Vol.59 nos.10-12.
- Old Daren Sunday School Recollections - Photos and recollections of using the Old Daren Sunday School as a base for caving in the 50s and 60s.
- Mau Mau Stone Age Caves - Tourist trip to the Mau Mau caves in the Paradise Lost park in Kiambu, Kenya.
- Boulder Fall in Daren Entrance - A fallen boulder from the cliff face partially blocking the entrance of Daren is removed.
Nos. 4-6, April-June 2018
- Yorkshire Bank Holiday Weekend - Trips to Gaping Gill, Little Hull Pot, Hunt Pot and Illusion Pot in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Coniston Copper Mines - Paddy End to Hospital Level Through Trip - An SRT pull-through trip in the Coniston Copper Mines visiting the Blue Rock the Green Pool and the Stemples of Doom.
- Recharge Passage Dig - Digging continues at Recharge Passage in the Summertime Series, Agen Allwedd.
- The Big Dig and Sunday School Renovation Plan - A collection of photos and round up of tasks completed on the 18th-21st May Big Dig with installation of the ODSS septic tank and sewage pipework. With drawing plan on pages 36-37.
- Giant's Hole and Bagshawe Cavern - Charles introduces his nephew Callum to the delights of Giant's Hole and Bagshawe Cavern, Derbyshire.
- Bradshaw's Cave - Description of Bradshaw's Cave located in Asham Wood Quarry in Mendip, dug to it's current length by Andy Watson.
- Bwlch Glas Mine - SRT trip to Bwlch Glas Mine in Ceredigion, visiting the impressive miners' lift cages and artefacts. Location and tackle requirements included.
- Cave Beasties in Daren Cilau - Information about Proasellus Cavaticus a type of Isopod found in the streamway in White Passage, Daren Cilau.
- Cave Fest Mendip - Trips to the 13 Pots in Eastwater and the Short Round in Swildon's Hole on the 2018 Mendip Cavefest weekend.
Nos. 7-9, July-September 2018
- Lanzarote Lava Tubes - Caving in the lava tubes of Lanzarote.
- Paviland Cave and Culver Hole Ahoy! - Paddling to Paviland Cave and Culver Hole along the Gower coast by kayak, and the history of the Red Lady.
- Sunday School Update - Work done on the Old Daren Sunday School during the August Bank Holiday Weekend 2018.
- Parys-Mona Through Trip - Through trip from Parys Mine to Mona Mine in the Parys Mountain Copper Mines of Anglesey.
- Cwmorthin Old Vein and Oakeley Back Vein - A Cwmorthin trip with zip wires and via ferrata style traverses to Oakeley with lots of mining artefacts along the way.
- Tween Twins Hole - A trip to Tween Twins Hole, a relatively new discovery in Mendip.
- Helen's Daren Hen Weekend - A HRC camping weekend that included a digging trip a tourist trip and a hen party.
- August Daren Camp Round Up in Numbers - 15 to 1 countdown of the interesting events of the August 2018 HRC Daren camp.
- Little Neath River Cave - Trip to Little Neath River Cave.
- Caving Log Books - An entry from Steve Milner's Log book about digging the Hard Rock Extensions in June 1986.
- Daren HRC Sound System - Gear review for the new speakers, bass bins and home-made gadgetry that currently comprises the Hard Rock Café Sound System in Daren Cilau.
- Milwr Tunnel - A trip Milwr Tunnel from Rhyd Alyn Lead Mine visiting Powell's Lode Cavern and the Limestone Workings.
Nos. 10-12, October-December 2018
- Watery Fouls - Four Very Different Trips in The Dales - With SRT trips to Lost John's Cave and FOUL Pot and aquatic adventures White Scar and Notts II.
- Recharge Passage Dig and Flood Levels in Aggy Main Stream - Further progress on the Recharge dig and signs of surprisingly high water at North-West Junction.
- Capes and Caving - Uses of capes in caving and instructions on how to make your own.
- Draenen Round Trip - The classic Draenen Round Trip done as part of the 2018 South Wales Cavefest weekend.
- Cave Rescue Practice - Report from a SMWCRT rescue practice in Agen Allwedd on 8th September 2018.
- Mallorca 2018 - Trip reports plus location and rigging info of some of trips undertaken on the CSS Mallorca Meet 2018.
- Mina de Son Creus, Mallorca - A trip to mine near Bunyola on the CSS Mallorca Meet October 2018.
- Spectacles or Bra - Agen Allwedd - Part of the Agen Allwedd survey is shaped like spectacles or a bra, the aim of this trip was to follow that route.
- Sunday School Progress - Work undertaken on The Old Daren Sunday School during October and November 2018.
- Ogof Dwy Sir - A trip to re-start an abandoned dig near Queen of Hearts Chamber.
- Index to Volume 60